Certificate III in Process Plant Operations (PMA30116)
To be awarded the PMA30116 Certificate III in Process Plant Operations competency must be achieved in twenty one (21) units of competency chosen:
- Five (5) core units of competency
- Sixteen (16) elective units of competency
- A minimum of two (2) from Group A
- The remainder may be chosen from Groups A, B and C (with a maximum of twelve (12) from Group C) to bring the total number of electives to sixteen (16)
- Note that four (4) of the elective units can be chosen from other qualifications in this Training Package, other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses, as specified in Groups B and C
- Note where prerequisite units are identified they must be counted in the total number of units required for achievement of the qualification
Is this course Nationally Recognised Training (NRT)?
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. Preferred entry pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving PMA20108 Certificate II in Plant Process Operations or other relevant qualification/s; OR
- providing evidence of competency in the majority of units required for the PMA20108 Certificate II in Plant Process Operations or other relevant qualification/s; OR
- With vocational experience but without formal supervision or management qualification
Delivered over a 12 month period.
This course is delivered at the moment face to face.
Core Units of Competency:
- MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMSUP100 Apply workplace context to own job
- MSAPMSUP102 Communicate in the workplace
- MSMWHS401 Assess risk
- MSMWHS300 Facilitate the implementation of WHS for a work group
- MSMSUP106 Work in a team
- PMAOMIR302 Respond to a helideck incident
- PMAOMIR317 Facilitate search and rescue operations
- MSMSUP200 Achieve work outcomes
- MSMSUP300 Identify and apply process improvements
- MSMSUP303 Identify equipment faults
- MSMSUP310 Contribute to development of workplace documentation
- MSMSUP390 Use structured problem solving tools
- MSMOPS400 Optimise process/plant area
- MSL973001 Perform basic tests
- MSMSUP330 Develop and adjust a production schedule
- PMAOPS300 Operate a production unit
- PMAOPS305 Operate process control systems
- PMAOPS321 Undertake well management
Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded with a Certificate III in Process Plant Operations.
Generally the people undertaking a Cert III are operators who use production equipment within the oil and gas industry. At this level, operators use integrated plant units in accordance with the operating procedures, and would apply their knowledge to anticipate problems.
Students are generally male from mid-20s to mid-50s doing a rotational roster either off shore or on an on shore operating facility. They are typically from an English speaking background, and literate, having gone through a rigorous recruitment process. There is some level of prior experience within the oil and gas industry or a trade qualification. A small proportion may come from outside the industry, yet still within the heavy industry, and wish a career in the oil and gas industry.
Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable industry training facilities.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer is available for this course.
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call +61 8 9322 1080.
Is GST Applicable?
Yes, GST is applicable to this course.